Thursday, April 7, 2011

Planting failures

I've titled this post "Planting Failures" not so much because I have already failed, just that I don't see any other option for the end result.

You'd think that after last year's not so stellar seed-starting experience I'd finally give it up and just buy plants this year.  But no, not one to learn from my mistakes, I wanted to give it another try this year.

I thought I'd try adding heat & light this time, so see if I can get a better than .0000001% germination success rate this year.  Of course, I'm too cheap to buy a heat mat or growing lights, so here's my not-so-high-tech solution:


It actually seems to be keeping the soil right at the correct temperature, so it might be working!


Something at least is growing!  Speaking from my past experience, it's probably something left over in the soil from last year's attempt.


And since I can't post without a photo of my cute boy... 

No comments:

Post a Comment