Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Easter Eggs


Parker & I dyed Easter Eggs this afternoon.  Well, really I dyed the Easter eggs and Parker chewed on the egg-dipper do-dad (while trying to escape the Bumbo).


Parker's really too old for the Bumbo, so I spent half the time trying to keep him from crawling out & landing on his head.  But I wanted him to participate, and he did enjoy watching.

It also gave me the chance to try out my new tripod & the timer feature.  Of course, by "new" I mean, "recently stolen from my parents", the tripod itself is probably about 40 years old.


The egg dyeing kit came with little cups that you put the tablets into to dye the eggs.  Each was color-coded...which was all well & good until you realize that the color of the tablet doesn't necessarily reflect the color of the final egg.  So, we had green eggs coming out of the yellow cup and pink tablets in the green cup.  The only real victim was the pink, the box said "do not add vinegar to the pink" about 10 times, but I couldn't tell which one was pink until after I'd already dyed the egg.  So, the pink's a little chunky, but all-in-all they turned out okay:


I especially like the dark turquoise eggs, these came by dyeing the brown eggs blue.  I didn't intend to buy brown eggs, per se, but they were organic and cheaper than the organic white eggs for some reason.  Only later did I realize that right now most people are buying eggs for dyeing and brown isn't really know for taking color so well.  But the blue looked great (not so much for the pink one that turned a sickly orangey color).

Now I need to go make some bread for egg salad sandwiches!

No comments:

Post a Comment