Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Today's Project ~ Rescue the Pantry

Since I was stuck home all day today with a sick baby, I thought I'd take the opportunity to clean out our pantry.  Coming from a tiny house in Ballard, I LOVE our pantry.  I'd say it was one of the selling features of this house, but really, we loved this house from the beginning (although we did originally describe it as "too much house"... but that was just code for "too much mortgage"), so it didn't need any selling features.

So, why the clean out?  Well...


I'd like to say that this is my artistic interpretation of how chaotic our pantry was...but really, this is where it landed after bouncing off my head when I opened the door.

So, clean-out I must!
The Before:


Looking better already:


Oops, never mind...


Fortunately (!?!), Keith is working late tonight, since this is pretty much what the kitchen looked like when I would usually start making dinner.

All Done!


I'm especially excited for this shelf; I've reserved half a shelf to put all the stuff I need for this week's meals, so I don't have to cram them in on top of a crushed bag of chips or something.


It's amazing how much more space you can find once you're organized.  Although, I did get rid of a few things, and put things back where they belonged throughout the house (like the tube of grout I've had floating around the kitchen since I moved in...to our Ballard house).  Maybe now we'll be less likely to end up with two boxes of corn meal and six cans of chilies again.

1 comment:

  1. Dang. When you said "clean out" you meant it. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete