Monday, March 14, 2011

Today's Project ~ Save my Sweater

I have a lovely cashmere sweater that I love, but it has a small moth-hole in a rather conspicuous place.

It's been sitting in my closet for months, waiting for inspiration on how I can cover it up.

Today, I remembered the drawer in my jewelry chest filled with sparkly brooches I've received from work.  It's not total inspiration, but it's a start.


Step 1: Fix the hole.


Not perfect, but the whole point is to cover it up.  At least this way it won't get worse.


Step 2: Wait for inspiration...


I have an old ivory colored cashmere sweater that is beyond saving that I thought I could use for trim.  I also found some Ivory grosgrain ribbon.

In the end, the most simple option, ends up being the best:


Or maybe this one:

or this:

Actually, I'm not really sure.  The thing is, although I love a nice embellished top in theory, once I put one on, I feel kind of ridiculous.  So, I don't know, the old green sweater may end up back on the top shelf awaiting more inspiration, but we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... Doesn't look too bad repaired, most woulnd't notice it.

    Have you tried a simple embellishment that does both sides of the V? So a few rosettes down one side and back up the other?

    ReplyDelete