Sunday, March 6, 2011

Create

Our theme this week in MOPS was "create".  I think it was mostly their way to go without a speaker and do a craft, but I took it as inspiration to head down to my craft room and see what I could make.


I love painting, but I don't really have the creativity or talent to paint anything really remarkable.


In the MOPS lesson, they were encouraging us to carve time out of our busy Mom lives and take the time to create.  Contrary to the stereotype, I've realized that I have spent far more time being creative in the past six months than I have in the past few years prior to Parker's birth.  Until I was painting today, I don't think I really realized how soul-sucking my job was.


I had plenty of excuses for not creating: a small house, little free time, etc., but really, I just didn't have the heart for it.  Sure, now I'm sleep-deprived, and occasionally at a loss as to how to entertain a 6-month old all day long, but I'm loving every minute of it.

...and that's not even considering how much I get to bake now!  (Seriously, if anyone needs any baked goods, let me know, Keith can't/won't keep up with me.)


My finished project:


I'm also working on a little project for Parker's room, but you'll have to wait a while for the finished project.

No comments:

Post a Comment