Monday, October 29, 2012

Halloween

Halloween is not my favorite holiday.  I'm not very creative when it comes to costumes, and I'm apparently too old to go door to door extorting candy from my neighboors.
 
 
After several disappointing trips to the consignment and thrift stores, I'd finally come to the decision that our kids would just go without costumes this year.  I'm too cheap to pay $15 for a (used) costume that they're going to wear for an hour, and I don't have the time or energy to make anything.

 
But, last night, I came up with an idea for a pumpkin tutu costume for Cecily.  Of couse, the currently popular method for making a tutu is to buy strips of tulle and tie each of them onto a piece of elastic.  Although that sounded cute, it sounded kind of expensive for that many rolls of tulle, and like a ton of work.  So, I went with my lazy-girl version of a tutu, made with a sewing machine.  One cut and two seams later, it's done (it's just a costume for a 3-month-old, so I didn't even bother sewing the side seams).  But, it turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself.  Of course, if I was a good Mom, I'd go find a green onesie for her to wear underneath...but I think we've established that I'm not, so I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment