Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Today's Project ~ Homemade dishwasher soap

We ran out of dishwasher detergent this week.  I saw a "recipe" on pinterest a while ago, so I thought I'd try it out.

I actually had all the ingredients on-hand, mostly left-over from a soap-making attempt that Dianne & I did over 10 years ago.  (Yes, Dianne, it really was 10 years ago, I was still in my apartment in Ballard at the time)


So far, so good, it seems to be working okay.  Of course, our dishwasher has been a thorn in our side from the moment we bought the house, so if the soap didn't work, I'm sure we'd just blame the dishwasher.  Although we love the granite countertops in our kitchen, the rest of the high-end upgraded appliances in our kitchen have so far proven to be a total waste of the previous owner's money.  I'm just waiting on the refrigerator to go-kaput and we'll have hit them all.


Sorry, I digress.  At least the dishwasher detergent works.

No comments:

Post a Comment