Friday, May 4, 2012

Baking


I have been having massive cravings for baked goods lately.  Since I'm not really supposed to be eating bread (or sweets), I've been trying to resist.  However, seeing how my next OB appointment is four days after we get back from vacation, I think we can just assume the "weight gain lecture" as a given, so maybe I can live it up for a few days.


So, after "Family Yoga" this morning (hilarious: Imagine Parker running around while Mama pretends she can stand on one foot), Parker & I came home and got baking.  Parker's first step was to pour the bottle of balsamic vinegar into the mixing bowl.  I really need to be better about looking at what he can reach!  But it should combine nicely with the grape juice concentrate I spilled a few days ago.


Parker helped me make the dough for cinnamon raisin bread, and Walnut Pumpkin Chocolate Chip bread.  Parker loves baking, but it is not a tidy process.  By the time we were done, we were both ready for a shower & a change of clothing.


Believe it or not, the kitchen was spotless when Keith left for work this morning.


After Parker went down for his nap, I cleaned the kitchen and made the crust, chicken, and veggies for tomorrow's dinner...and cleaned the kitchen again.  I'm tempted to throw together the cinnamon swirl bread now while he's still sleeping (and then clean the kitchen again), but I did promise him that after nap time he could help me make the bread for Daddy.  (and we could use an activity to distract him from the fact that we're not going outside in the pouring rain)

Guess I'll just have to sit & eat my bread!


And I'm pretty sure we'll be having take-out for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment