Sunday, May 13, 2012

Palm Springs Vacation ~ Day 1

So...  I tried desperately to blog while we were on vacation, but downloading photos turned out to be just too much for our little tablet, so now I'm "virtually" going back in time to document our trip.


We flew out around 8:30 on Saturday evening.  It was strange leaving so late in the day, but it gave us a few extra hours to hang out with Parker.  It also meant that we checked into our hotel after 1:30 am on Sunday, so not too many photos of Saturday.


Sunday morning, we drove to Rancho Mirage to see a little street fair.  While we were at the street fair, we saw a booth selling something for "golf cars" and Keith commented on the "cars" rather than "carts".  I said that maybe golf carts are so common here they out-number the cars.  Less than an hour later, we saw this driving down the road:


Turns out, they really do use them as cars.  Later, we saw a 6-seater golf cart that seemed to be some sort of shuttle bus on their downtown shopping area.  Which kind of makes sense, I'd been wondering how anyone could do any serious shopping if you had to walk in that heat.


We spent the afternoon hanging out by the pool at our resort.  We also learned that my flip flops & wet concrete don't mix.  Baby Girl & I were fine, but I still have a rather impressive bruise on my knee and I destroyed my pedicure (guess 28 hours is about the expected life-span of a pedicure these days).


The resort we stayed at is beautiful!  And I don't think I've ever been to such a family-friendly place.  The "fully stocked" kitchens were actually fully-stocked enough that you could cook a meal in them, and they had a spray park, in addition to two kiddie pools and two playgrounds.  Seeing all the little ones made us pretty homesick for our little guy, but more than anything, we were relieved to not have him with us.  The heat was intense, and it seemed like it would have been fairly miserable for Parker.

Meanwhile, while we were in the heat...Parker met his cousins at the park for Mother's Day:


Yes, Mother's Day.  Turns out I'm a horrible mother who shipped her kid off to Grandma's house and skipped town for Mother's day.  But I don't think he or Grandma were complaining.



When we were walking around town, I thought it was funny how many people told me "Happy Mother's Day!" since my kiddo wasn't with me.  It took me a while to realize that they were really referring to my giant baby belly.









No comments:

Post a Comment