Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

I'm starting to realize that my plans for Memorial Day Weekend tend to be a little over-ambitious.  But, for this year, my plan was that in the morning: Parker & I would go run some errands while Keith painted the nursery.  In the afternoon, Parker would nap while I went to Home Depot to buy some plants & then get them in the ground before he woke up.  At which time, Keith would be done painting so I could spend the early evening doing the decorative painting in the nursery.

Seems reasonable, right?  Except that Parker napped for just over an hour, messing the whole thing up.  Which is how we ended up with a little guy looking like this:


For a while, Parker was content to help me plant my flowers on the back deck, but quickly he got bored with that & wanted to go in the front yard.  I left him alone in the front for less than five minutes, and then came to find him running around the front yard with a (wet) can of paint from the nursery.


You should have seen what he looked like before I took his shirt off!



But, he did help me plant a few of my flowers in the front yard.  Mostly by moving them from one location to another.




But, we did manage to get the nursery painted, and most of my flowers in the ground, so I guess it was a pretty successful day, even though the painting took two days to finish.  I'll post photos of the nursery, if I ever get around to taking them.  I spent all afternoon on Sunday doing a decorative "wallpaper" stencil across one wall.  I did it in a subtle tone-on-tone with matte and gloss paint.  Unfortunately, subtle seems to be a fancy word for invisible.  After hours of frustration & work, you can barely see it.


Monday afternoon, we went to my friend Jaime's house for a BBQ with our MOPS table.



Parker loved the bikes and their water table (yet another toy that he'd have if he had cooler parents).

No comments:

Post a Comment