Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Weaning

This week Parker has informed me, in no uncertain terms, that he is no longer interested in nursing.


You picked a poor week to do this little guy, I'm already weepy with my baby growing up and turning one, now there's really no denying that you're getting all grown-up and I'm really not prepared for this.

Although I never really had a date in my mind of when I'd stop nursing (I actually never thought I'd make it past three months), it's still snuck up on me completely unprepared.  I worked so hard to make it possible, I honestly would have nursed him forever (well, maybe).


So, this week I'm grieving the "loss" of my tiny baby and acclimating to my new toddler (though he is not yet technically "toddling").  I have a feeling that the next 18 (20, 25, ...whatever) years are going to be filled with these sort of moments as my baby boy strives to grow and I try to keep him the way he is.  Geez, they say parenting is hard, but I didn't expect the emotional upheaval as you reach each new milestone.  (Sorry to be so melodramatic, I've seriously been a basket-case this week).


In probably-related news, Parker's teeth 4 & 5 have made their appearance.  They're present, if not visible, here:


Previously, all of Parker's teeth have come in one-at-a-time with 1-2 months between each appearance.  Having two (and one more on the way) appear within 24 hours of each other has been traumatic, to say the least.  Hopefully this last tooth will come in and Parker can ease off a little on the crankiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment