Thursday, September 22, 2011

Today's Project ~ To Do List

I've finally come to accept that I'm a list person.  I've found that I can be amazingly efficient with my time with a list, without a list I find myself bouncing around and spending way too much time on the Internet.  I'm totally that person that puts a completed item on their to-do list, just so they can check it off.

So, tired of the million scraps of paper floating around my kitchen, I decided I needed a more permanent fixture for my list.  A white board would be nice, but we don't really have a spot for one in the kitchen, and they didn't really design those things for aesthetics, did they?

Guess I'm on my own...

I started by working on my photoshop skills, or, I would have if I had photo shop (which I don't), so instead I'm trudging through it in the Paint program....but I digress.


Eventually, I got a beautiful print-out.  Like my font?  I got it here.  Did you know you can download hundreds of totally cool fonts for free?  Me either, but now you do.


Then I covered the page with some vinyl I had sitting around after a previous (not-so-successful) project.  Also another handy use for my black duct tape left-over from the pelmets.


And there you have it, a handy-dandy wipe-off to-do list.  Of course, then there's the hunt for a dry-erase pen.  Couldn't find one anywhere, but I did come across three wet erase pens (where did those come from?!?!)  I finally stole one from Keith's white board that he uses for playing darts.


Now it's up in a handy, but hidden, spot in my kitchen.


That turned out so well I'm tempted to make one for Keith, but I think I'd have to forfeit my most-favored-wife status...guess it's not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment