Friday, June 29, 2012

Dressing Baby

When we found out that baby #2 was a girl, I think everyone expected me to go on a massive shopping spree.  Turns out, I seem to have inherited my Dad's "thrifty-ness".  I've discovered that I won't buy anything that costs more than $2; seriously, I've become the cheapest person ever!  When did this happen?  (Probably right about when our household income was cut by half).  This is all great for our budget, but I've discovered that baby girl doesn't have any new clothes.  Don't get me wrong, everything is new to us, and we are EXTREMELY grateful for all the hand-me-downs we've received, but a girls got to have a few new things right?

So, today, I loaded Mom, Jared, & Parker into the car and headed up to the "Seattle Premium Outlets" for some shopping.  I haven't been up there since that horrible day three years ago when the first sale of our house fell through, so this was the first time I've ever gone to the kid's stores.

I might have gone a little overboard:


But I didn't pay more than $5 for anything.


I love these purple pants!  They were two dollars at the Children's Place.  I bought the last pair they had in purple, but I'm kind of wishing I'd bought every size in the navy as well.


I think this will be her home-from-the-hospital outfit.  I got it in newborn, which means that she'll probably outgrow it by her one-week appointment, but summer will be over by then anyway.


And, not to worry, big brother got a few things too.

I bought each piece at a different store, I didn't realize I was so plaid-happy until I got them all home & in the same place.  Oh well, he'll be cute too!

No comments:

Post a Comment