Friday, December 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Keith!

We had a small cocktail party to celebrate Keith's Birthday.

...unfortunately, I was too distracted hosting the party to take any pictures of the actual party, so I only have photos of the "before".

We went with a cocktails & appetizers theme and I tried to find some of Keith's favorite foods.


 I asked him what kind of dessert he would like for his birthday.  He gave me a blank look & said, "We're having chips & salsa, aren't we?"


 I got Keith these blue-cheese stuffed olives for his birthday.  When I got them, I told his Mom, whatever else Keith gets for his birthday, this is going to be his favorite gift.  I think I was right.  When he went to see a movie on Sunday with Dwayne, he took a baggie of the olives in his pocket for movie snacks.



We stocked a full bar for the occasion (it is a cocktail party, after all), but the special drink of the night (peach Bellini's) was the most popular.  And the best part is that we've finally gotten rid of that bottle of champagne we've had in the refrigerator since we moved in.
Before the party, Parker & I went downtown to take Keith out for lunch.  We had a fantastic lunch at Palomino and then thoroughly enjoyed having Keith home for the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment