Friday, December 10, 2010

Catching up

I know, I'm a little behind on my updates.  But actually, it's not so much that I've been lax in my blogging, so much as I've been lax in my photo taking lately.

Last week was a flurry of activity, but I don't have any sort of pictorial evidence to show.  We went to the Victorian Country Christmas with both Grandmas, we had a party for Keith, and attended several parties, but no pictures to show.  On Monday, I took Parker for his first swimming experience.  I was prepared to hear him crying through the whole thing, but he didn't whimper at all.  That's not to say that he loved it, but by the end I was able to get a few smiles out of him...and he slept the entire afternoon.


We think (or perhaps hope) that Parker is starting teething.  He is chewing on anything he can reach, drooling up a storm, and his fantastic sleeping schedule (8-9 hours/night) is suddenly shot to heck.  I don't know if it's teeth or not, and I'm sure it will be a while before we see anything, but I'm choosing to go with that explanation rather than believe that Parker has suddenly become a fussy baby.
I believe that denial and delusion are the two main driving forces behind parenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment