Thursday, December 23, 2010

I can't seem to stop myself.

I pretty much stopped baking several years ago when Keith & I started dating and I realized that he would never eat more than two cookies a day (and that with constant badgering on my side).  In fact, shortly after we moved into our new house, I went to make cookies and realized that I was missing one cookie sheet.  Keith was using it in the garage after we burned it beyond repair, well over a year prior.

But, since starting maternity leave, I have been on a massive cookie baking kick.  To the point that yesterday I had to go to the grocery store just to replenish my stores of flour (All-purpose and bread) and Sugar (Granulated & Powdered).

So, yesterday, I worked on Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls.  An interesting choice, considering that I don't like coconut or peanut butter, but I have to find something that Keith likes better than his Mom's Ritz crackers and peanut butter cookies.
 Parker helped to oversee the dipping.
 It wasn't pretty.  Dipping is more Dianne's forte.
Somehow these peanut butter balls ended up about twice the size they were when I was a kid.  I got tired of rolling and knew that the bigger they were, the less I'd have to dip.

I've also made snowballs, my favorite Christmas cookie.
 And Shortbread that ended up looking NOTHING like the shortbread my Mom made growing up.  Probably because I had so little flour left in the house that even after halving the recipe, I still had to use a cup of hazelnut flour, oh and the flour that I did use was bread flour.  Whatever, they taste good.
Of course, now the issue remains of how to get rid of all these cookies.  Dianne, I hope you're prepared for your kids to leave Christmas dinner in a massive sugar coma. (Perhaps I should apologize to Dad in advance)



1 comment:

  1. Yeah!! Snowballs have been on my to-make list forever but I haven't done it yet.

    And on dipping the peanut butter balls, try freezing them first. And skip the paraffin. Just makes the chocolate sooo much harder to work with. A spoonful of shortening makes it nice and liquid-y and easy to dip. :)

    ReplyDelete