Monday, December 20, 2010

New Bibs

Is it really necessary for baby bibs to be quite so BABY?
One can't deny that Parker has some pretty cute clothes.  One also can't deny that Parker drools...a lot, and if you don't want his clothes to be soaking wet, a bib is becoming a necessity.

But throw a bright yellow bib with duckies over his clothes and you kind of lose the hip, urban feel we're looking for.  (yes, I realize that we live in Shoreline which is about as un-hip or urban as you can get, but we have to work with what we're given).
So, I decided to try my hand at making Parker some bibs.

My first, not so successful attempt:
It was way too big and "sloppy" would be inadequate to describe my needle skills.
But I improved with my second, much more successful offering:
And, at the end of the evening, Parker has three new bibs, all of which he needn't be embarrassed to be seen wearing out in public.
Those of you familiar with Parker's wardrobe might notice a fair amount of plagiarism involved in my designs.  I've never claimed to be a designer...in-fact, my main goal in life is to be the exact opposite of a designer (but that's another issue entirely).

2 comments:

  1. Ooh! I see an Etsy store coming on! Those are wicked cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, I love them! But don't listen to me. I still put a pink terry cloth towel over Wesley during mealtime if the yellow bunny and the purple towels are dirty.
    But seriously, you could sell them.
    Love,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete