Tuesday, December 21, 2010

12lbs, 11oz

Parker had his 4-month Dr's appointment today.  He weighed in at 12 lbs, 11oz.
 All well and good, until you realize that two months ago, he weighed 10lbs, 9 oz, and he has gained just over 2 lbs in the past two months, when he should have gained 4-5lbs.  Looks like he's inherited his Daddy's gift for weight gain.
He's dropped from the 50th percentile, down to 13th, defined as "poor weight gain in infant".  Guess I'm going back on the Fenugreek and Brewer's Yeast (but there is NO WAY I'm going back to the beer supply store).
 I had hoped that once we got through the first few weeks, these whole feeding/weight gain worries would be over, but I guess not.  So I'm back to feeling like the horrible mom who can't even feed her own baby.  I have plenty of weight, couldn't I just take some off me & give it to him?  Actually, now that I think of it, I think that is the main process of breastfeeding, maybe this is why my pants still don't fit right.
But, except for that, he's a great, healthy baby who's doing really well.  He was a real trooper with his shots today, and was even back to laughing by the time we left the office.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer. My kids didn't have that problem. They were little fatties. Nora did drop from the 50% to the 10% in weight when she was 9 months old, but she was also in perpetual motion at the time. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete