Friday, August 24, 2012

Two Weeks

 
We've survived our first week at home with just me and the two kiddos.

 
I realize that this shouldn't come as a surprise to me, but it actually wasn't as bad as I was imagining.  So far, Parker is loving being a big brother, and has been content to sit & play with Cecily's toys while I spend hours nursing her.  Of course, this can't last, but that's a worry for another day.

 
We also had dinner delivered twice this week, so that always helps too.

 
Cecily & I both had our 2-week check-ups this week. I'm doing fine, and she's finally reached her birth-weight (she was 8lbs, 2.5 oz as of Wednesday). We'll weigh her again when we go in for Parker's 2-year appointment next week, but at least I don't have to use the kitchen timer anymore at night to feed her.

 
When we're not relying on the kitchen timer, Cecily tends to sleep at least one 4-hour stretch, and occasionally two.  But I do admit a little nostalgia for when Parker was a newborn & we'd stay in-bed until 11am.  I'm sure Cecily would be up for it, but no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to convince Parker that it's a good idea.

 
She's starting to be awake a little bit more every day, although it seems like her eyes are open the widest at about 10pm, right when I'm trying to put her to bed. Maybe we need a new bed-time routine...


 
Parker loves to help swaddle Cecily, he often comes running with a blanket saying, "wrap it".  Of course, we then have to wrap him up as well.


 
Our poor girls has developed a rather impressive case of baby acne, so between that & the Mohawk that appeared after yesterday's bath, she looks strikingly like a 13-year-old boy.  But with cute enough dresses, you'll never notice.  She's still the cutest baby ever and we love her.


No comments:

Post a Comment