Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Three Weeks

 
Our little girl is already three weeks old!

 
I realize that she is probably all of 4 oz larger than she was at birth, but I swear she is already growing so fast.

 
I think I'm super-sensitive to her every change since I know this is our last baby, so everything is a milestone: This is my last newborn diaper (since we've moved on to the size-1 box), this may be the last time she wears this newborn outfit (ignoring the 500 other newborn tee-shirts she has), this is my last 2-week appointment, etc.  Reading this, one could argue that I'm over-reacting...I probably just need more sleep.

 
Cecily, on the other hand, seems to be getting plenty of sleep.  I wouldn't mind if she did it in larger chunks at night, but she's doing pretty well and I really can't complain.

 
Sleep deprivation and sore body parts aside, I love this newborn stage.  I love cuddling up with my little peanut on my chest, and I know that this time will pass all too quickly.  Just a blink and before you know it, your baby's turning two.

 
I am especially enjoying to 2nd-newborn stage.  It's really too bad you can't have your 2nd-born first, I would have enjoyed Parker's first few weeks much more if I could have been as knowledgable/mellow that go around.


















No comments:

Post a Comment