Wednesday, August 1, 2012

39 Weeks...plus photos of Parker (he's cuter than me)


As of yesterday, I'm officially 39 weeks, so baby girl is now due in less than a week.


I went in yesterday for my 39 week check-up, I'm slowly progressing, which is good, but if I continue at this rate, I can expect to give birth at some point in November.


So, I've been scheduled for a "gentle" induction next Tuesday, which is my due date.  I think Keith is relieved to finally have something concrete on the calendar.  Personally, I'm sceptic about if it will work, seeing how it took 8 hours of Pitocen for me to feel anything last time, I'm not so sure what a little gel will do, but I'm willing to give it a try.

But, if it works, this time next week, we should have a new baby girl!  That's kind of a scary thought.  But we are all excited to meet our little one.


I still would prefer for our little girl to come on her own, but I think it's unlikely to happen in the next week.  It's my opinion that babies tend to wait until their Mamas are so sick of being pregnant they're ready to reach in & yank them out by their hair...and then the baby waits another week before they come out.  I'm nowhere near this point yet, but I am getting increasingly tired of being pregnant.  I'm also finding this in-between-time waiting to be tiresome. 

I'm still waiting for the nesting impulse to come along, so far not so much luck.  Truth be told, I'm still waiting on it from Parker's pregnancy too, so it could be a while.  Although, today I have done more housework & yard work than I probably have done over the past 9 months combined.  But, considering how hard this pregnancy was, that's not saying an awful lot.


Now, about Parker...


In these photos, we're playing "nap time" one of Parker's new favorite games.  He knocks me over, then crawls onto my belly & starts "snoring", it's just about the cutest thing ever (although I'm not certain that baby sister loves being sat upon).



So, for now, we're enjoying our last few days as a family of three, and I'm trying to embrace each little kick from my baby girl before she comes out & starts kicking everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment