Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

We spent Christmas Eve with my Dad's side of the family.  Because we had to work around several church service times, we ended up doing a Christmas Eve lunch, instead of dinner.  It made for a nice, quiet evening.

We had all the little ones together, so we had four in the 3-7 year range and three in the 12-18month range.



Parker's cousin Sarah loved his rocking horse.



Cousin Sarah with her Grandma Kneeling (technically Parker & Sarah are 2nd cousins? I think?, not really sure, she's my cousins kid)




Dianne made Parker, Fiona, & Sarah these great fabric bowling sets.  So far, Parker's most interested in the ball.




The capes were a hit with the smallest of the Andrews clan.




Here's my attempt at taking a family photo of Dianne's family.  I took about 20 photos, I think these two are the best I got.


I got a copy of Photoshop for Christmas from my Dad, so I might see if I can create a photo with all four smiling (of course that assumes that I have at least one good photo of each of them, which I'm not so sure of).


In the early evening, we headed to our Church's Christmas Eve service.  We did a "candle light" service, but since we meet in a public gym, that many candles was out of the question.  So, we really did an electric-tea-light service.  It didn't have quite the same atmosphere, but in a church that is equal parts kids to adults, a no-open-flame policy didn't seem like such a bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment