Friday, December 2, 2011

Mama's Day "Off"


Thursday morning, while doing nothing in particular, I did something ugly and painful to my back.  I made it through the day okay, but when I work up Friday morning, I couldn't walk without support.  So, when I called Keith in tears, he started calling family.


Denise ran over within the hour and took Parker home with her, where Keith's Mom was planning to watch the kids overnight.  I've always known that I'm lucky in the in-laws category, but what a blessing to have family who can jump in & take care of things when I couldn't.  I spent the day resting & stretching.  After an hour in the pool, two hours of yoga, and several hours on the couch, I was at least able to walk (not comfortably, but walk anyway).  I don't think I could have made it through the day with Parker home.  I'm doing much better now (Monday) and I'm hoping to be back to normal by the end of the week.


Parker meanwhile had a FANTASTIC time.  Kyla's play group was over, so Parker got to play with all his cousins, as well as all their friends.  When Keith went to pick him up at 8, our little boy was so played-out he could barely sit up.  He then came home and slept until 10 am on Saturday!  They wore him out!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about your back. Glad to see Parker is enjoying the pony! J&N ooohed and aaahed over the picture. :)

    ReplyDelete