Sunday, August 30, 2015

The roof...

Half-way through the camp-out I texted Kelly to go check that Darcy had survived the windstorm okay.  He was fine, but she sent a few photos of a hole in our garage roof.

By the time we left the camp, everyone had heard about the damage and several people had offered to help.  


Maybe it's just me, but it feels like this summer I've seen a lot of the ugly side of Christians, arguing against gay marriage, immigration, gender-neutral Target stores (seriously?!?), it's enough to make one embarrassed to admit your faith.  But, it's in times like this, where people come home, drop off all their camping gear, and race over to our house to fix a hole in our roof before the next rains come in that I'm proud to be a part of this Church and our community.  **Okay, off my soapbox**






Ella & the Hawkins kids came over to entertain our kids, so I got to spend the afternoon relaxing while the kids were playing and the Dads were working.



A few hours later, it was like nothing had ever happened!  And, Keith had so much fun working with his friends, I think this was his favorite part of the camp-out.


No comments:

Post a Comment