Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Cecily's Birthday


It's not a birthday without cake, so I tried out a new gluten-free cake recipe using quinoia instead of flour.  It was a total disaster, rivaling some of my first attempts in High School.  You can't tell from here, but the cake is actually only half a cake, I stacked the two broken pieces together in an attempt to make something remotely aesthetically appealing...I failed.  But it tasted good and the kids just ate the frosting anyway. 


Yes, she does own clothes, but if the temperature gets much above 65, she always want to be naked.






2 comments:

  1. Why gluten-free? Does Cecily have problems with gluten?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cecily doesn't have any problems with gluten, but about half her cousins do (on the other side), so I was trying something out. I think I'll keep looking.

      Delete