Wednesday, December 12, 2012

4 Months!

 
Cecily has turned 4 months!

 
Cecily is starting to be a happier baby, but there are still many hours of screaming in our days.  I'm discovering that if I can get her to sleep, she's a much happier baby, but that's proving difficult.  At the moment, she's taking 3-5 naps a day, most of which are about 20 minutes.  She's in-bed from about 8pm to 8am every night, but I usually have to get out of bed four or five times at night.  She doesn't always need to eat, but she does always feel the need to drag me out of bed.
 
But, when she's awake and happy, this little girl is adorable!  We get so many comments on our pretty little girl (with the crazy hair).  I can honestly say I never expected any girl of mine to be a tiny-pixie child, but this one is.  I laugh when I think about the names we could have given her, my 2nd favorite choice was Dylan, can you imagine that clunky-masculine name attached to my little pixie?  Cecily really does fit her perfectly.
 
After rolling over several times last month, Cecily hasn't rolled over again.  I think she just wanted to let us know she could do it, now she's back to screaming her way through tummy time.
 
She's learning to put things in her mouth.  I can give her a toy and she loves to spend time gnawing away.
 
She continues to spit up more than she eats, we're hoping that Santa brings her a few more bibs & burp rags, I need to have one on every single surface in the house.  Even then I don't think I can keep up.
 
Cecily had her 4-month appointment today.
She weighs 11lbs, 9oz and is 23.2" long.
This puts her weight at 4.37% and her height at 5.83%.  Remarkably close to where Parker was at this age.  The Dr isn't too concerned, but we are going back in next week for a weight check.  He's also wondering if the slow weight gain, spitting up, and screaming might mean she has reflux.  So, we spent an hour at the Bartell's "drive thru" getting a prescription for reflux meds to see if that helps out.  I think that the Dr is mostly thinking about her weight gain, but I'd be happy if this stuff just cuts back on the screaming...it hasn't worked so far today.
 
Cecily got four shots this morning, she was pretty upset about them.  She calmed down quickly, but she's been fussing off & on all afternoon.  Of course, per her usual, she's not bothering with the three-hour nap that most babies give as a reward for surviving the shots.
 
I feel like I spend a lot of time complaining lately, I don't really mean to.  I absolutely love this little girl, she is such a joy to have in our family.  I'm just a little tired & overwhelmed by everything.  I shared this with some friends a few weeks ago and I know that several of them are now praying for me to start feeling better.  I can really feel and truly appreciate each prayer.  I am really looking forward to getting back to my normal Pollyanna self and out of this Debbie-downer phase.  Because these two kiddos truly are amazing and I love them both to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment