Sunday, February 26, 2012

Daddy's Project

This weekend, we had one of those insanely busy weekends.  I spent all afternoon/evening on Saturday helping prepare for our Church's spaghetti feed and gym night.  Sunday we hosted the Newcomers lunch for church, and Sunday evening we had the Need family over for dinner.  Add in the fact that I ran out of my nausea pills on Friday night and it made for one sick, tired Mama by the end of the evening on Sunday.  But, it was totally worth it.  We got to spend time with a ton of our friends, as well as make a few new ones, and I have enough left-overs to get us through the next week.

But, that's not what this post is about.  In addition to all the above (and keeping Parker busy while I cooked), Keith had several projects for the weekend.  His biggest was making a railing on the stairs, just for Parker. 


This brilliant idea was all-Keith, I don't think I've ever seen anything like it before, but what a great idea.  Parker LOVES the stairs and these make it just a little easier for him.  (and it was a great chance for Keith to play with his new drill-press)


They're right at the perfect height, too!



Parker also loved watching Daddy put the railings up.


In addition, Keith installed Parker's baby swing in the basement, so now we can swing without going outside in the freezing weather.  This was also a HIT.  At one point, I was working upstairs and all I could hear was hysterical laughter coming from both boys downstairs.


Nice work Daddy!



No comments:

Post a Comment