Friday, September 24, 2010

One Year.

Ok, I'll admit it, I'm one of those people who tends to make a holiday of all special dates.  For instance, Keith needs to remember my birthday every 17th of the month, yesterday was our 4-year and 3-month wedding Anniversary, etc.  And even I will admit that I stretch things sometimes (three years ago today we were...whatever).

But, today, September 24th is one of those dates that I really don't think I'll ever forget.  Of all the days in my life, I think that September 24, 2009 will go down in history as the most bittersweet.  On the sweet side, we had finally sold our house in Ballard and this was the day we were moving into our dream home.  On the bitter side, this is the day we lost our baby.  I'm not sure I'll ever be able to remember this house without associating the two.

But great things have happened in the intervening year.  We've made this new house our home, we've travelled, and best of all, we've brought little Parker Scott into the world.  I still grieve the loss of our little one, and think of her when her birthday would have come around in May (I was convinced she was a girl), but I wouldn't trade our little guy for a million "if onlys".




So, on THIS September 24th, I raise a glass to the memory of what we've lost, and the multitude we've gained.
And yes, maybe, we might actually break into that bottle of champagne that we were given last year to celebrate our move!

No comments:

Post a Comment