Thursday, September 9, 2010

Date Night


Monday evening my Aunt Rosemary brought us dinner and very graciously offered to watch Parker for a few hours so we could go out for dinner.  We took our 2-for-1 dining card and had dinner at Ray's Boathouse in Ballard.  It was so nice to have a few hours where we could talk about something other than "can you feed him? did you change him?"  Of course, we're new parents, so we did talk about Parker, but it was nice to talk about grown-up things too.

Tuesday, Keith went back to work.  I was extremely nervous about being left home alone with the baby, but it turns out that Tuesday was so busy I barely had time to notice that I was alone (and I wasn't really home).  Parker had his second Dr's appointment, he's growing fine and is now 7oz over his birth weight, right on schedule.  He really is a good natured baby, and if it weren't for his breastfeeding drama, this whole parenting thing wouldn't be too bad.

1 comment:

  1. You have a 2 week old and you've already had a date night?!?! Jealous!!! That's awesome though.

    I hope BF'ing is going better. Hopefully you will soon get to the "this is actually pretty easy" phase.

    ReplyDelete