Sunday, August 15, 2010

Where, exactly, did I go wrong? ...part 2

As I might have mentioned (once or twice), my garden this year has been a huge disappointment.  Of the probably 100 seeds (of varying types) I started in the house, I got exactly four total plants (all basil).  My tomato plants still don't have a single fruit on them, and my peppers, watermelon, lavender, and flowers all gave up before they started.  The upside-down pea seeds actually turned out okay, and we did enjoy several weeks of sugar snap peas. 

But the strangest thing I seem to be growing is a carrot-tree.  I'm not sure what went wrong with these, but about half my carrot seeds seem to have mis-understood which part of the plant is supposed to grow, so the green part is 3-4 feet tall, with a root that would be considered pathetic even on a non-root-vegetable. 

I paired it with one of my semi-successful carrots for a little perspective:
The carrot part:
The not-carrot part:
Anyone see something wrong with this picture?

No comments:

Post a Comment