Sunday, August 8, 2010

Nesting?

I don't think this is the "the baby's coming soon" kind of nesting, but I've had enough people ask me the "you're stocking the freezer?..." question, that I thought maybe I should do a little cooking.  Because, let's face it, I don't have time for cooking right now and it's not going to get any easier AFTER the baby comes.  So, in just over 4 hours this afternoon, I (with a lot of chopping help from Keith) made 12 dinners worth of meals, with plans for 3-4 more as I make our dinners this week.  This way I at least know that we'll have enough food to get us through the first few weeks.  Although, there are 3-4 of each entree, so if we go straight through them Keith may never again ask for Ham & Potato casserole.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's the real-deal nesting, seeing how in real nesting, along with the panicked need to finish, is an accompanying burst of energy that was lacking in this process.  For the last hour my refrain was "just don't stop, just don't stop, you can finish if you just don't stop moving."  (Since I'm now in-front of the computer, I obviously have stopped and there will be no more cooking today, guess it's cereal for dinner).

2 comments:

  1. You are obviously on maternity leave as the posts are flying up on your blog like never before. :)

    I made tuna noodle casserole today - with 3 extra for the freezer. Felt so virtuous. I love having dinners in the freezer, even if we don't actually eat them all too often. Just knowing they are there when needed is enough.

    Eric & I looove the ham-potato casserole, but only 2 of my 14 kids to date has liked it, so we don't make it much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No maternity leave yet. If I was on leave I wouldn't have to spend my Sunday afternoon cooking! It's just that I blog only when inspiration strikes, and it tends to come in clusters (or weekends).

    ReplyDelete