Tuesday, August 17, 2010

On Leave

It's official, as of 3pm on Monday, I am officially on Maternity Leave!  Well, technically, I'm currently on pregnancy leave, Maternity leave doesn't start until the little guy makes his appearance.  But the main point is that I didn't have to get up and go to work this morning.  So, of course, I was wide awake at 6:30.

I don't know why this surprises me, but I'm having a little difficulty acclimating to not-working.  My to-do list for the day:
Get up
Swim
Make potato salad
Balance checkbook
Bed Bath & Beyond
Babies R Us
Safeway
Fold Laundry
Start Dinner
Pay the bills
Vacuum
Rest

Perhaps I'm not fully grasping onto the "take some time at home to rest before the baby comes" concept yet.  But I do fully intend to do everything before lunch so I can spend the afternoon on the air mattress in the back yard.  But something tells me I need to temper my expectations just a little.

1 comment:

  1. This is great news!!!! If you need some tips on how to procrastinate and just take a nap, let me know:)

    ReplyDelete