Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Shopping for Baby Sister


I realized the other day that I haven't yet bought any clothes for our little girl.  This is partially because I'm cheap, but also because I'm not that great at shopping-ahead.  I only buy clothes for Parker in the next size, even though I probably could buy him 5T clothes and hold onto them, I just can't think that far in advance, and who knows what the kids will be wearing by then?


But, I saw that the consignment shop in Woodinville was having their $1.97 sale, and we had to go to Woodinville anyway, so Parker & I checked it out.


Speaking as someone who often finds Value Village "too expensive", spending $1.97 for a kid's t-shirt seemed like a lot, but I did find a few basics and some cute dresses for our little girl.


I'm still not convinced that $2 is a fantastic deal, but apparently I'm in the minority on this, the lady behind me in line was buying a pair of shoes for $25.  Seriously!?!  $25 for a pair of USED kid's shoes?  And I feel ripped-off because I had to pay separately for the hat that came with this dress!


But, at least our little girl won't be naked...well, she might be, but only by choice, not necessity.

1 comment:

  1. You found lots of really cute things! The hat was a total rip-off, but how could you not take it with that darling dress? She's going to be another well-dressed Kruger. Clearly, I'm not a Kruger anymore...
    :)

    ReplyDelete