Thursday, August 4, 2011

Swimming...kind of


Parker doesn't really love water, really at all.  But, I'm determined to turn him into a swimmer, so I seldom miss out on the opportunity to acclimate him to the stuff.


Since today was (finally) a beautiful sunny day, I set out the "kiddie pool" (also known as the beer tub, when used at the Oktoberfest party) to see if he'd go for it.


Parker loved leaning over the edge and splashing his hand in the water (and pouring half of it out onto the blanket).


He didn't love it so much when I sat him in it.  This is the one shot I have of him not actually crying he didn't last long.


Don't worry little guy, we'll keep trying.
I'm just excited to be outside and upright.  I've caught a rather nasty little flu bug and spent all of yesterday laying on the couch watching Parker tear my house apart.  I'm feeling much better today, and quite relieved it's not a repeat of my 4-week flu from a few years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment