Sunday, August 7, 2011

Paint the House Week ~ Living Room

Keith's parents came up for the weekend, Keith's Dad is helping paint the exterior, and Mom is watching Parker so I could paint inside.  I was hoping to get both the Kitchen & the Living Room done.  Which, looking back, seems like fairly wishful thinking for one person in 1 1/2 days, particularly if said person is still recovering from the flu.  But somehow it all got done.

Before:


After:



I'm especially proud of these pelmets:


I saw the project in Good Housekeeping.  As fancy & formal as these look, they are a totally half-baked project, it's just foam core and duct tape, they're even attached to the walls using duct tape!  But nobody has to know that.

I'll post photos of the kitchen tomorrow after Keith puts up the curtains tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Apparently love of the color blue runs in the family. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pelmets. Show me how you did that! They kind of match the background of your family photos.

    Can't wait to invite ourselves over to see the new look. Home improvement is so much better when it is finished.

    Love,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete