Monday, January 7, 2019

Orlando Vacation Day 13 ~ Disney's Hollywood Studios

For our last day, we headed to the Hollywood Studios.  This was supposed to be our lowest crowds day, but we didn't really find that to be true.  We waited a full hour for a simple Buzz Lightyear ride.


The best we can guess is that since the Hollywood Studios only has a few rides, even with a much smaller crowd, the lines aren't any shorter.  Oh well...

There was an issue with our first FastPass, so in-exchange we got a free universal use-for-any-time-(nearly)-any-ride FastPass.  There weren't many kid-friendly rides, so Keith & I took the opportunity to go on some grown-up rides.

Keith did the Tower of Terror:



You can't see Keith, but he's behind that lady's hand on the far left:


I did the Rockin' Roller Coaster.  I picked it mostly because it had the longest stand-by line, so I figured it was the best bang-for-your-FastPass-Buck.  It wasn't until I was actually on the roller coaster that I remembered that I don't really like roller coasters and I've never gone on one that flips over.  It was terrifying, but I survived.


About half-way through lunch, our kids completely ran out of juice.



We gave up and headed back to the hotel.  Cecily & I went to the pool for the afternoon while Keith & Parker went golfing.  By dinner time, the kids were so exhausted, they couldn't even walk down to the dining hall to get dinner, I brought food up to our room so they could watch a movie and eat dinner.


But, as exhausted as they were, Cecily had a hard time getting to sleep, so she needed Daddy to cuddle with her until she fell asleep.  When I went to bed at 11 pm, he was still there.


No comments:

Post a Comment