Saturday, January 19, 2013

Cecily's first solids


I have been extremely reluctant to start Cecily on solid foods.  It is just so much more convenient to breastfeed, you don't have to make it, you don't have to remember to take it with you, it's less messy, plus the whole diaper-situation.

But, just about everyone (including our Pediatrician and Cecily herself) has been telling me that she's ready, so I guess it's time.


I had planned to start her with avocado, but it appears that the avocado I bought won't be ripe for another month or two, so today we went the traditional route and started her on brown rice cereal.




I think she is a fan.


My (possibly faulty) memory from Parker's early eating days were that he was so eager to get the food into his mouth that he wasn't willing to waste a drop on his face or clothes.  Cecily, on the other hand, was perfectly willing to swim in the stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment