Friday, July 13, 2012

Today's Project ~ Hospital Dress

I know that this will make me sound a little shallow (not that I've ever claimed to be otherwise), but I really do believe that your clothes can make a difference in the way you feel.  Cute, properly fitting, clothes can make a difficult day just a little easier (and vice versa).  So, in an effort to make our labor & delivery experience a little more enjoyable, I came up with an idea for a dress that I could wear through labor.


Like all my projects, I didn't have a pattern, and the idea was only half thought-out, and very poorly constructed, but by some miracle, I think it might actually be wearable.  Although it did end up a little on the gigantic side: I could gain about four inches on my ribcage and my height in the next four weeks and it would still fit.

It opens in the front and the back for nursing and the epidural and should be much more comfortable than the hospital gown I wore last time.  I don't know how the nursing staff will feel about my fashion-sense getting in the way of their working, but I (along with our insurance company, of course) am the one paying 20-something thousand dollars for the experience, so they can deal with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment