Tuesday, July 10, 2012

36 Weeks ~ Seems like a reasonable time to panic


Last week, I went in for my 35-week check-up, where Dr. Joki informed me that I was "softening, but let's try to hold-off another two weeks, okay?"

Now, I realized that he was probably exaggerating with the "two weeks" comment, but considering that when I was 39-weeks along with Parker I was informed that I "still have a ways to go", it caused a bit of a panic in me to hear his comment.  Plus, she's very clearly dropping/dropped, since I'm suddenly able to breathe again, and I'm spending more than half my free-time running for the bathroom.  So, for the entire weekend, I've been panicked that every little twinge is the start of labor and baby girl's arrival is possible any minute now.

I know that for most first-time-moms this would be rather exciting news, but I am fully aware that our baby girl will never be as easy to take care of as she is right now, and she's welcome to stay inside a long as she feels like.

I had my 36-week check-up today, and after a very normal, if un-eventful appointment, and a few days to regain my perspective, I think I can ease off on the panic about an imminent birth.  However, just to be on the safe side, I plan to spend tomorrow afternoon packing my hospital bag and putting the car seat in the car, which should tighten my cervix back up and guarantee the baby won't arrive any time before her due date.

No comments:

Post a Comment