Friday, July 13, 2012

Last project for the nursery...I think.

Early on in this pregnancy (back when I thought that the 1st trimester would only be 12 weeks), I decided I wanted to do a floral mobile, if we were having a girl.  My original thought was to use silk flowers, but I quickly decided that would be way too expensive.  Then, I came across this tutorial for crepe paper flowers and thought it would be perfect.  But I was too cheap to buy the Styrofoam balls, so I ended up using paper lanterns.  And I couldn't figure out her method for folding the flowers, so I came up with my own idea:


Of course, like nearly every project for this room, it didn't turn out exactly as I'd hoped, since my plan was to do the balls in light purple, medium purple, and light grey.  Unfortunately, the closest colors of crepe paper I could find were dark purple, pink, and white (and believe me, I looked everywhere).  Not to mention that the paper lanterns only came in pink as well, so it's really not the exact look I was going for.  But after the HOURS and HOURS I spent working on these things, I'm choosing to consider them perfect.


I'm pretty sure that this is my last project for the nursery before the baby comes.  I had a few more ideas, but I'm running out of time & energy, so we're going to call it good for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment