Friday, January 20, 2012

Beans

If you haven't heard, it's been snowing in Seattle this week.

By the end of the week, I think everyone had a touch of cabin fever.  I tried to take Parker to the coffee shop down the street on Friday.  But since he refused to either walk in the snow, or ride in the backpack, we ended up staying home.


So, I thought I'd try a new activity.  I pulled out a box & filled it with black beans for him to play with.  Of course, I actually bought these beans for cooking, so Parker ended up playing with Organic sustainably-harvested black beans that I'd made a special trip to Central Market for.  But these are the sacrifices you make during a blizzard.


I put the smaller box of beans inside a larger Rubbermaid box in the hopes of containing the beans.  Of course, that didn't work, Parker spent 20 minutes throwing the beans across the kitchen.  I only wish I'd first swept the kitchen floor, since the beans now also contain all the pine needles we've accumulated in the past week.





But, he LOVED it, and put up quite a fuss when I finally cleaned up & put the lid back on the box.


The aftermath:




1 comment:

  1. I put a table cloth under the bean-bucket. But, if he's throwing them, that won't help much.

    ReplyDelete