Thursday, May 31, 2018

The Bathroom Project ~ During


We had this idea that we could do the whole thing in about a week, for about a thousand bucks.  By the end, I think we were about four times on timeline and almost double the budget, but it's done!


It took two full days, with two people working, just to pull up the old linoleum.


Then, Keith spent about a week tearing out and replacing all the rotted sub-floor under the toilet.




This is always the point in the project where I do, oh I hope I like these colors!


It took me a full (school) day to get just these tiles down.



Then I spent a full second (school) day cutting all the other pieces to fit.  By the end, I pretty much brought the wet saw to it's knees and my fingers thought that they'd fall off from pushing so many tiles through the saw.


Things we learned from this project:

1. Hire a professional
2. Pick thinner tiles
3. Buy a new tile cutting blade, or see #1
4. If you ignore #1, #2, & #3, you should probably get a heavier-duty saw.  Or, just go with #1

This was my second tiling project (if you count the stairs as a project).  I think that at this point I can confidently say, I'm never doing that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment