Sunday, December 15, 2013

Gingerbread House

 
Like everyone else, I made Parker a Christmas Advent calendar with a bible reading & Christmas Activity for every day.  Most of the activities are simple: drink cocoa by the fire, read a Christmas book, but on Sunday, the activity was "make a gingerbread house".  Not sure what I was thinking, and I was completely unprepared.  So, being the super-fantastic Mom that I am, I was way too lazy to run to the store for a gingerbread kit or candy, so we made-do with what we already had on-hand.
 
 
I used the last 4 pieces of gingerbread we had in the house and the Christmas M&M's that have been floating around for years.  Fortunately, he doesn't seem to mind.

 
I did pick up some Necco wafers while I was at the fabric store.  When Parker saw them, he said, "What are these?  Are they for eating?"  ...um, not really.

 
Not too bad, considering the complete lack of pre-planning.



No comments:

Post a Comment