Friday, September 27, 2013

Trip to the zoo

I'd forgotten how much more I enjoy the zoo when it's cold & drizzly out.
 
 
I couldn't get a photo of all three of us, but Parker decided we should all wear our red jackets & be matching.

 
When we got to the watering hole for the elephants, Parker declared that he wanted to sit down (in the wet) and eat our lunch there.  Whatever, kid.  But it turned out he knew what he was talking about, within minutes of sitting down, one of the elephants showed up to eat his lunch with us.

 
I let Parker ride the carousel as a "special treat".  I didn't ride with him (since I was holding Cecily and too cheap to pay for myself), but he did a great job and loved it.

 
I haven't really enjoyed the zoo over the summer, it's been fun to see all the babies, but it's so crowded and the double-stroller/tank is hard to maneuver under the best circumstances, let alone when you're surrounded by preschoolers.  It was so much nicer in the cold!

 
I even let Parker stop at the playground for a bit on our way out.

 
This girl LOVES her swings!


No comments:

Post a Comment