Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Time to pull out the sewing machine...

We're having a girl!


It's kind of funny, when I was pregnant with Parker I wanted so desperately for "it" to be a girl.  It took FOREVER to get to the ultrasound date.  This time, I've been fairly ambivalent about it, and it feels like the time has flown (except for the 1st trimester, of course).


Keith & I were both hoping for a girl, but this little guy is so awesome, it's hard to believe that a girl could be as great.  So, I went into the ultrasound with conflicting thoughts, and a little ambivalent about the whole thing.  That was, until it looked like the baby might not cooperate, at which point I suddenly NEEDED to know, and I needed to know NOW.  Fortunately, she eventually cooperated.

This baby is already exerting her independence, she made the poor sonographer work for every single picture he took.


Now, it's time to start planning the nursery, and the new wardrobe.  Good thing I'm starting to feel better, I have a lot of ideas in my head already.  This girl may end up to be a total tomboy (although I think it's unlikely), but for as long as I control her wardrobe, she's going to be one cute baby!


1 comment:

  1. Okay, but I'm not buying an princess stuff for her. However, we do have a few cute dresses (that you bought the girls!) that we'd like to pass back to you now that we've outgrown them. Remember that adorable pink and white polka dot one with the twirly skirt? Sigh. It will always be one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete