Monday, March 19, 2012

20 weeks

I (and the baby) are officially 20 weeks!  That means that we are half-way there!  Or, more accurately, in my case, we are half-way to the due date, it may be a few days before we are truly half-way to the birth date.



Contrary to every one's predictions, and my past experience, the 2nd Trimester hasn't been a whole lot better than the first.  By the time I was 16 weeks, the nausea seemed to contain itself to just the evening hours, but over the past few weeks, it seems to be expanding it's scope to include most of the afternoon, and occasionally the morning.  I'm seeing a very clear relationship between my fatigue level and my level of nausea.  Of course, if I were smart, that would mean that I nap when Parker naps every day.  But, that's the only 1-2 hours in the day that I can get anything done (once Parker goes to bed, I'm pretty much down for the count as well), so the type-A part of my brain seems to out-rank the smart part of my brain, nearly every time.

So, I'm trying everything else I can think of.  I'm trying out acupuncture, I'm upping my protein intake, and I've pretty much completely given up dairy.  The dairy is turning out to be the saddest part of the story.  When I was pregnant with Parker, ice cream sounded really gross to me, so I didn't eat it for nearly the entire pregnancy.  This time, ice cream sounds REALLY, REALLY good, but I can't have it or I'll get really, really sick.  Just another one of the sad ironies that is pregnancy.

But, that aside, our little girl is doing really well.  I'm starting to feel her move more, although I don't think she's quite as active as her big brother was at this age.  I'm also starting to get excited about preparing the nursery and all my sewing projects.  I just need to start feeling better so I can get going!

Keith & I also have planned our baby-moon for this May.  I'm not entirely sure how the two of us will survive a whole week without our little guy (who will be happy as a clam at Grandma's), but we will enjoy a little sunshine & relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment