Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wet Bags


I'm trying to make a stronger effort to use cloth diapers when we're out & about, rather than just at home.  So, I needed more wet bags (plus, JoAnne's came out with cute new prints that I had to try).  I've bought this PU lined fabric before, and it was extremely hard to work with, so I came up with a new design that would reduce the amount of sewing I'd need to do on the face side of the fabric.    The French seams may have been overkill, but I really don't want these leaking in the diaper bag!  Turns out that this new fabric is much stiffer than the stuff I used before, so it was much easier to sew on, hopefully it won't turn out too stiff to be a usable wet bag.

In all, I made one large and three small bags for $21.21 (with one 40% off coupon), which would have cost me $56 (+tax) at Birth & Beyond...but I think next time I'll leave it to the professionals & buy the cute pink ones at B&B.

1 comment:

  1. Those are very cute! I like them. You will need to wash them more often since JoAnn's made all their PUL backwards (film on the good side). They should work though!

    ReplyDelete