Sunday, May 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Julie!

We celebrated my birthday with a dizzy-ingly busy weekend:

Friday night was my clothes swap.  I ended up with just a few people who came, but we had a great time just hanging out and chatting.  ...and we gave nine boxes of old clothes to the Salvation Army.

Saturday morning (bright & early) we headed up to Snoqualmie Falls to have breakfast at the Salish Lodge.  We've been talking about doing this for a long time, and since we accidentally committed ourselves elsewhere for Saturday evening, we thought this would be a good birthday event.

We ordered the "Salish Country Breakfast" which is served in four courses of: Baked Goods, Pancakes, Oatmeal, and then Eggs/Potatoes/Biscuits.  All but about two bites of my fourth course went in the "to-go" box, but I still could barely walk I was so full at the end.

This was our "dessert", which was really just something to hold the candle:


After breakfast we wandered down to the falls.  I think the walk is just over a mile each way, but again I was reminded of why pregnant people shouldn't hike!  But the falls were beautiful and the weather was gorgeous!


When we'd arrived at the restaurant (at the crack of dawn) the valley was still kind of hazy, but as we ate, the clouds burned away and it was a beautiful view.

Then, on our way home, we stopped at Babies-R-Us and FINALLY picked out our stroller system.  But only after trying every stroller they had in the store and effectively dismantling their display.  Turns out we could have saved ourselves the time & just picked the most expensive one in the store, but now we know for sure.
Which only made me half an hour late for Sharla's Baby Shower (but I got there before the guest of honor, so it's okay).

After that I rushed home just in-time to chase Mabel around our house for an hour (as she chased Darcy around the house, showing him his bone).

Once she was gone, Keith & I dropped into a heap of uselessness for the rest of the evening.

Sunday, we went to Church, and then headed down to South Lake union for my birthday present.  Keith had bought tickets for the Argosy "Lakes Tour" Sunday afternoon.  The weather was a little iffy for part of it, but by the end the sun was out and it was absolutely gorgeous!  We got to see the UW, Bill Gates' house, and a bunch of other gigantic houses that they aren't allowed to tell us who owns them.



By the end of the weekend, we had had a great time, but we were exhausted, and I was glad that I didn't have to go to work the next day.

For Monday, my actual birthday, I stayed home from work since I had my Grandpa's graveside service in the afternoon.  It's not exactly how one would choose to spend their birthday, but I was able to spend the afternoon planting some flowers in my planter boxes (I bought them at Home Depot, I've given up on my sad, pathetic seedlings).  And we had a nice dinner & non-chocolate cake in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment