Sunday, January 17, 2010

What a nice boy...


We've had a funky smell in our basement bathroom, pretty much since we moved in.
So, in the hopes that it's nothing big (and expensive) to deal with, our first choice is to wash the room well and paint over it. Hopefully sealing in all the little nasties that were making the room so unpleasant to be in.
Unfortunately for Keith, I wasn't much help because: 1. I barely have the energy to brush my teeth every day, and 2: I'm pretty sure that all those fumes would be bad for the baby. So, Friday night, while I watched TV on the couch, Keith cleaned and prepped the room. Then Saturday, while I took a three-hour nap, Keith painted the whole room, all by himself. I have never before felt quite so indescribably lazy, and yet unable to do anything about it. I am so grateful to have Keith's willing spirit to take care of things while his wifey sits around doing nothing. He has been wonderful.
And the room looks great:
Of course, no home-improvement project is complete without some manner of catastrophe (that usually involves 2-3 trips to Home Depot). Due to some sort of communication break-down between Keith & the paint-mixer-guy, this is the first pot of paint he came home with:

Cute, isn't it? But do you have something that could cover all four walls in the same can, maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment