Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Six more weeks of winter...


We had our first official Doctor's appointment today. We got to meet the Doctor, take a picture of the baby, and Keith got his first introduction to the indignities of child birth.


Our little olive is alive and well, but his/her little birthday has been pushed out from August 12 to August 21. Now, while it was such a relief to see true signs of life, and so exciting to see it's little bitty heart beat. I can't help but feel a little like the groundhog who saw his shadow, knowing that the ever-elusive glory-days of the second trimester have moved NINE DAYS farther away. Aren't they supposed to be getting closer?!? Are you sure I'll survive? Will I ever be able to stomach ice cream again? Am I going to live off ginger and vegetables forever?


But I suppose it's all worth it, and we did get to see a teeny, tiny heartbeat in the middle of the blob that will soon grow into our baby. We've waited this long for our little bundle of joy, so, although I complain (and I do!), deep down I'm loving every nauseated moment of it. And I'm still not as sick as Sharla...

No comments:

Post a Comment